A 'peaceful' character is one who has chosen to follow the path of the mob killer. This choice is usually made when first entering the Realms, though you may also become deadly by requesting a level 57+ Immortal to set you as pkill. A peaceful turned deadly (pkill) may never return to the peaceful way of life.
Peaceful players may legally ONLY attack other players within an arena. While in the arena setting the player behavior is that of a pkiller in relation to equipment damage, pkill timer.
Multi-playing up to 8 characters online at a time is permitted, see LAWS MULTIPLAYING.
Accessible via help map
F Shadow Grove | NEW DARKHAVEN \-+-----PATHWAY---------++---------------------+ | A-Auction House | || % | | B-Bank F | +-------JUSTICE---++-----------------/ P | C-Crossroads o | | V| | A | D-Dragon Cult r | F Notre E| Duke's H T A | F-Green Forest e | A Dame R| Castle A H s | G-Art Gallery s | L | T| N c | W W h | I-Inn/Bar t | /C | a I| | \+- K A e | K-Academy | W O --+----'---. C| /-/ | Y n | N-Nations Board o | N \||/ | | | P-Post Office f =+===+===,====,====,======,=HORIZON=,===+===+==C | R-Repairs | | I I I || T K | | | T-Town Hall T | | || B- | F | W-Warehouse e P | 1 2 3 || 6 7 8 | | o | a A +---|-MARKET--|---++---|----|----|---+ | r | Shops r T | 4 P 5 || R 9 0 | | e | 1-Scrolls s H | || | | s | 2-Potions W | || A I ? | | t | 3-Magic Items A +Thieves-'--Alley-++---Park-Avenue---| | | 4-Jewelry Y | || b | | | 5-Notes/Quills | | # G || D & | | | 6-Butcher | +--------'----'---++---'-LAW-AVE-'---+ | | 7-Baker | || | | 8-Dairy |\------------------- || -,--PATHWAY---------' | 9-Armour | South \||/ Marina N | 0-Weapons Forest Path Bridge W + E| #-Tailor S | &-Pets Town Hall (T): Archive 2nd floor, one east. | %-Maps Oracle 2nd floor, two south, east. | ?-Conveyances Assembly 3rd floor, one south. | ------------------------------------------------------- Guilds (From DH ): GoS: (a)Cleric, Paladin, Nephandi and Vampire - nw, w, n GoN: (b)Ranger, Druid, Fathomer and Augurer - s, s, s, e, s GoO: (c)Warrior, Mage and Thief classes - ne, ne, e, ne, nw
The Village of Tar'pa Cithm
Accessible via help bmap
Barbarian Hometown The Village of Tar'pa Cithm [ ] | J = Band of the Wolf A = Caekath (Shaman) | K = Kigowyn (Repair) B = Donations [A]---[ ] L = Naralas C = Lotheri (Healer) | M = Barbarian Arena D = Khlishe (Shopkeeper) | N = Faojar E = Eloann (Shopkeeper) [B]---[ ]---[C] O = Lagesh (The Hunt) F = Gryma | P = Fields of Play G = Hall of the Boar | Q = Exit to Peaks of Tar'pa H = Hall of the Bear [D]---[ ]---[E] I = Exit to Barren Peaks | [Z] [ ] [ ]-[ ]-[ ] [F] / \ / [ ] | [ ] [ ] [ ] [G] | | | / / [H] [ ]---[ ]---[ ]-------[ ]------[ ] [ ] \ / \ / \ / \ / [ ] [ ] | | | | [ ] [ ]---[W]---[ ]---[ ]---[R] [ ] | | | \ | / | | | | | | \ | / | | | [I]---[ ]-------[ ]---[ ]---[ ]---[V]---[ ]---[ ]---[X] X = RECALL | | | / | \ | | | | | | / | \ | | | [ ] [ ]---[Y]---[ ]---[ ]---[U] [ ] [S] [T] [P] | | | | / | | | | / [J]---[ ] [ ]---[ ]---[ ] \ / | | \ / | | [ ]---[ ]---[ ]---------[ ]---[ ] [ ] [ ] R = Gifts from Nature | | / | \ S = Eowif (Trainer) | | / | \ T = Abilia [K]---[ ] [ ]---[ ] [O] [Q] U = Galienne / \ / \ V = Band Noteboard / \ / \ W = Blunad [L] [ ] [N] Y = Keribwyn | Z = Auction Room | NOTE: To return to Darkhaven you [M] must say a phrase to Caekath.[A]
Peaceful Newbie Guide
Choose A Name
The name you choose should not...
1. Nonsensical, unpronounceable or ridiculous. 2. Profane or derogatory as interpreted in any language. 3. Common or futuristic, such as 'Bobby' or 'Laser'. 4. Similar to that of any Immortal or major creature in the game. 5. Significant in history, mythology, or any religion, in any reality. 6. Comprised of ranks or titles, such as 'Lord' or 'Master'. 7. Composed of singular descriptive nouns, verbs, adverbs or adjectives, as in 'Heart', 'Big', 'Flying', 'Broken', 'Slick' or 'Tricky'. 8. Combinations of singular descriptive nouns/adverbs or adjectives, as in 'Metaljacket Heartbound Earthstone or Softheart'. 9. Names are limited to between 3 and 12 characters in length.
Choose A Class
Pick a class that interests you the most. help <class> for more information and slist for the skill list.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There are 6 genres that exist with the Realms to group together current classes: 0) Sorcerer Augurer, Mage, Nephandi 1) Divinity Cleric 2) Rogue Bladesinger, Fathomer, Thief 3) Fighter Paladin, Ranger, Warrior, Barbarian 4) Aberrant Vampire 5) Shaman Druid --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Barbarian||Hard||Str||Con||Int||Physical.Hitter / Physical.Tank||0 Vote|
|Warrior||Easy||Str||Dex||Int||Physical/Magic.Hitter / Physical.Tank||4 Votes|
|Paladin||Medium||Str||Wis||Int||Physical.Tank||6 Votes||Ranger||Easy||Str||Wis||Cha||Physical/Magic.Hitter / Physical.Tank||5 Votes||Vampire||Easy||Dex||Int||None||Energy.Hitter / Energy.Tank||4 Votes||Thief||Medium||Dex||Cha||Wis||Physical/Magic.Hitter / Physical.Tank||2 Votes||Fathomer||Medium||Dex||Int||Con||Physical/Magic.Hitter||0 Vote||Augurer||Hard||Wis||Lck||Dex||Breath.Hitter (Room Attack)||1 Vote||Cleric||Hard||Wis||Int||Dex||Magic.Support / Situational Magic.Hitter||2 Votes||help cleric_devotion_benefits||Druid||Hard||Wis||Con||Cha||Magic.Hitter / Magic.Tank||4 Votes||Mage||Hard||Int||Wis||Str||Magic.Hitter / Magic.Support||6 Votes||help paths||Nephandi||Hard||Int||Dex||Lck||Magic.Hitter / Magic.Support||1 Vote|
- Based on general requirements on boss monster fights (usually referred to as "runs"), hence biased towards ability to kill monsters. "Running" is an important part of the game, so it's important your first character is able to go on runs.
- Clerics are good for buffing other characters, but they barely do any damage so they are barely taken into battle on runs. Most players will eventually have one, but is not recommended as a first character.
- Nephandis are very good for debilitating specific monsters and are used only before battle. They are superseded on most classes on other monsters once the fight begins.
Choose A Race
Pick a race based on lore or racial traits. help <race> to receive more information.
Each race have their own racial passive and racial skill. Click on the race below to learn more about that race.
Human....... The center of the race spectrum. Normal wits and strength. Dwarf....... Short, strong, tough, and hairy. They are terrific workers. Elf......... Tall, lithe, and dexterous. They possess a magical nature. Halfling.... Short, chubby, and furry, yet surprisingly mischievous. Pixie....... Small of size, this race of flying creatures is very smart. Half-Elf.... Part Human, part Elf, possesses some advantages of both. Half-Ogre... Humongous and immensely strong, Half-Ogres smash good! Half-Orc.... Large, squat and smelly; make exceptionally deadly fighters. Half-Troll.. Strong, belligerent beings of exceptional resilience. Gith........ Strong and thin they can see invisible dangers. Sea-Elf..... Aquatic cousins of the Elves, they can breathe underwater. Drow........ Evil, smart, subterranean Elves of considerable magic. Lizardmen... Strong, pack-hunting, swamp-dwelling reptillian creatures. (Out of Game) Gnome....... Short, stocky, magically-strong cousins of the Dwarves.
|Class||Recommended Race*||Recommended Stats**|
|Barbarian||Half-orc||18 STR 14+ DEX 14+ CON|
|Warrior||Half-Orc/Human/Half -Ogre||18 STR 14+ DEX 14+ CON||Paladin||Human/Dwarf/Elf||18 STR 16+ WIS 14+ DEX 12+ CON||Ranger||Elf/Dwarf||18 STR 16+ WIS 14+ DEX||Vampire||Half-Troll/Gith||16+ STR 16+ INT 18 DEX||Thief||Half-Orc/Half-Ogre||16+ STR 18 DEX 14+ LCK||Fathomer||Gith||18+ STR 16+ INT 18 DEX||Augurer||Gith||15+ STR 16+ WIS 16 DEX***||Cleric||Gnome||14+ STR 14+ WIS 12+ DEX||Druid||Human||Ask an in-game player||Mage||Gnome||13+ STR 16+ INT 14+ WIS 14+ DEX||Nephandi||Drow/Gith||14+ STR 17+ INT 17+ DEX|
* Based on effectiveness in view of run requirements.
** These stats will get you very far, but are easier to obtain for some classes/races than others. Getting your stats as close to these as possible will help you in the long run.
In general, just type the command you want to use.
- N, S, E, W for directions. For diagonals, use NE, NW, SE, SW. - Some rooms require you to type "ENTER" - look to see your current location - exam <object> to see specifics about an item - inv to see what items you are carrying - eq to see your equipment - score to see your score sheet - con <monster> to see if it's dangerous, kill <monster> to attack - get <object>, drop <object> - For containers, put <object> <container/my.container>, get <object> <container/my.container> - wear <object>, remove <object> - eat <object>, eat <object> <container/my.container>, drink <object> - rest, sleep, wake, stand - list to see what is for sale, buy <object> - help <anything> to check the helpfile for that command. Some commands don't have a helpfile. - config to review your settings, config +/-<setting> to change it - quit
There are a lot more commands and shortcuts available, but these are the basics that'll get you started.
- This game revolves around commands and keywords. Most commands are in the pattern "<command> <keyword>", e.g. to drink from a pond, drink pond should work. Likewise, eat pond would be a valid input, though you usually can't eat a pond.
- The GMs have some rules about how to play. Do read over the topics under help laws at some point.
This is a list of things that you can find to proof yourself worthy while learning the game.
- (Level 02 - 10) Playername's engraved silver helm
- (Level 11 - 20) Playername's delicately engraved belt
- (Level 21 - 30) Playername's exquisite golden earrings
- (Level 31 - 40) Playername's spiraled armbands
- (Level 41 - 49) Playername's delicate crystalline vest
- Quest available only when the player within the level range indicated.
- a little merman soldier
- A red satin sash
- Neptune Trident
- A delicate silver bracelet
- A suit for diving
Guilds is a great place for players to make new friends and learn about the game. Available for application at Level 5+. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
|Guild of Nature||Thriving in any environment, land or sea, forest or desert, the Guild of Nature brings knowledge to the young, experience from the aged, and protection to all. The Guild welcomes Augurers, Druids, Fathomers and Rangers.|
|Guild of Origin||Masters of the sword, mind and stealth combine time honoured skills and traditions. Elegant in their execution and wanting for little they join blade and sorcery with cunning. The Guild of Origin welcomes Mages, Thieves and Warriors.|
|Guild of Spirit||Through the combined powers over life and death, in righteous light and in blood filled darkness, the members of the Guild bring the power of the Spirit throughout the Realms. GoS welcomes Clerics, Nephandi, Paladins and Vampires.|
Orders is where players with similar style of gameplay or common goal stay together. (EXPERIENCED PLAYER ONLY)
|Dragonslayer||The Order of Dragonslayers stands as a testament to Honor, Camaraderie, and the Slaying of Dragons.|
|Arcanes||The Arcanes is composed of only the most elite practitioners of the Magicks.|
|Ringbearers||The Ringbearers strive to grasp the rings of truth, honor and knowledge, to explore the Realms, to teach and learn, and to stay respectful to all others.|
|Inconnu||A reclusive, selective group which consciously limits membership in the Order.|
|Baali||Though Demons roll and heaven shakes, we are destined to bind nature to our bidding.|
|Sanctus Irae||They are the forgotten shadows of a land without faith, rising in defense of their own.|
|Ascendere||The Ascendere seek to unravel the myth of chaos, and make their home in the heart of the ethereal planes.|
|Arete||The Order of Arete upholds a commitment to maintain a sense of community while collectively aspiring to reach the highest human potential at all times.|