Prestige is the name for expanding a single class character beyond the normal restrictions at level 50. Prestige characters require a leveling investment in order to unlock the additional powers and rewards.
A prestige character can be single classed or multi-classed. A new wear restriction has been introduced, "Prestige" which will allow a character to wear and item which matches their secondary class, but not their primary.
The character must be level 50 to enter prestige status and will have to be re-leveled from level 5 at a rate of a rumoured 1/7th normal experience gain.
Prestige characters have potential bonuses to hitpoint, mana, and movement gains.
There is a +1 to the primary stat of the secondary class - 26 max, for single class prestige just consider the secondary class as the primary class, e.g. a vampire-vampire.
Though currently unknown skills are being introduced specifically for the prestige project.
Bladesinger and Barbarian are currently not eligible for prestige.
Possible Prestige Combinations
Dual Class Restrictions by Race
This is a summary of knowledge already known by primary character creation. This table states the allowed secondary class for each race. Look up your character's race on the top axis and desired dual class on the side. For example a half-troll thief may only be dual classed with warrior.
Prestige single-class option
- Classes available: Vampire, Ranger, Augurer, Paladin, Nephandi, Fathomer
- The prestige classes have new names to differentiate them:
- Dread vampire Prestige Vampire
- Hunter Prestige Ranger
- Harbringer Prestige Augurer
- Knight Prestige Paladin
- Infernalist Presitge Nephandi
- Buccaneer Prestige Fathomer
Prestige multi-class option
- Your original class will be your primary class while your added class will be your secondary class, i.e. a Warrior-Thief
- barbarians and bladesingers are excluded from primary class options, as are classes that have single class prestige options
- Secondary classes available: Mage, Cleric, Thief, Warrior, Druid
- Race-class limitation still apply.
- For most intents and purposes the primary class determines equipment choices, primary and secondary stat, guild membership, etc.
- Cleric Pantheon and Mage Path spells/skills are currently not available for prestige secondary classes.
- Skills imported from a secondary class will have an adept level at 80% of normal. If a skill exists for both primary and secondary the adept is set to the higher of the two.
- Primary skills will auto-adept, no experience is gained from them.
- Secondary skills/spells require practicing and adepting and adept slower.
- Skills that are inate to both primary and secondary adept at the normal rate.